Saturday, December 12, 2009

Up and over the summit twice this week.


I took this picture while driving behind a very cautious driver 20MPH YICKS..... atop Echo Summit on Tuesday.  The roads are worse in Carson than they are on 50 at 7500 feet. Nice job Cal Trans. Coming home I left downtown San Francisco at 12:30 and arrived home at 5:20 not bad for rain and snow the whole way.  It started snowing at the Y in South Lake 4pm and the driving conditions got very sketchy quite quickly.  NO Chains from South Lake to Carson in the Blue mini van.... slow going for the last hour of my five hour commute.  the temperature in South Lake was 33 degrees the last two turns coming down 50 the temp dropped to 26. Can you say INVERSION wow I don't think I have ever seen a temp drop like that. Spent a little time in Pacifica on Wednesday the swells were coming in and two guys were out taking full advantage of the waves.

Endless Summer baby..


PacificaTuesday West of Echo

No comments: