Monday, July 28, 2008

Saturdays Ride

The day started at 6am at my house. Kim my wife gave Lester, Barry and myself a ride to the trail head at the top of Mt Rose. This was news to Kim she thought she was shuttling us to Spooner Lake. Sorry honey I left that out. Oops.
We arrived around 7 ish and got started .

The trail has a little climb for about a mile and then the fun begins. This trail is a kick, there are twists and turns , Rock steps and forever views it is just a great ride all the way to the end of the Flume Trail and then it starts all over again. The Flume Trail is, well The Flume Trail, Nuff said.

We stopped to take in the views and take a look at my chain. I must have hit a rock or something because one of my links had some damage to it and it was causing my chain to jump in my lower gears. After Berry and I found the problem I just figured I would use my higher gears for the rest of the ride. It seamed to fix it self by the end of the ride, which was nice.

So anyway I thought I would snap some pictures while we were stopped so I took off my Oakleys and water pack and took a few shots. . Then we loaded back up and off to Marlett Lake. On the way to Marlett we started see people and we passed a lady that must of been 70 years old all decked out in MTB gear and full suspension bike. "Wow way to go Grandma" I was impressed!! Once we got to Marlett something just wasn't right. Oh Yeah My SUNGLASSES there back on the rock were I was taking pictures.
"Didn't like those sunglasses anyway".
Dang it!

We stopped at the bottom of the climb coming out of Marlett basin. at this point in the ride I was feeling pretty good about my performance as a mountain Biker I was climbing rock steps with out stopping and all and all I was doing pretty good . And then the climb out of the basin started, however short. I didn't know I was ridding with two mountain Goats. Off they went up the hill. After the dust cleared they were no where to be seen . I finally caught up with them at the top.
I think they both were sitting under a tree reading a novel to pass the time while they waited for me.
Then the ride down to Spooner was nice. But the traffic coming up the trail was getting congested. Lots a Folks heading up to The World Famous Flume Trail.
Its all good tho, I have been in the middle of that crowd more than once myself.
Then our fearless leader took use on a trail only he knows about over to the highway. And got us on the road down Kings Canyon. Still can't keep up with these guys. But they stopped for me a couple of time .
We made it home at 12:15 pm
Man, what a great ride 35 miles in 5 hr.

I will be doing that again really soon.

Peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally Awesome Day Rog!

Tell your wife Thanks a Million for the drive up.

We need to do it again Sat. with just a little more climbing. We will get ya to quite that habit one way or another.

Anonymous said...

Commentary for the third picture from the top.

"I sure hope Roger doesn't forget to grab his glasses that are sitting over there on that rock."

Mtb In CC Nv said...

What Habit?
Going slow up hills?