Friday, May 30, 2008

Finally back on my bike




Finally back on my bike Friday evening. Lexi and I rode up to the top of VeCee canyon and rode the sandy ridge that runs down the middle of the canyon. It dropped us off at the top of the creek with NO Trail to follow for about a half of a mile so it was make your own . I even rode down the creek for about 100 yards it was very cool. The ride and the water. I will take pictures so you guy can figure out where we went.
A friend of mine was up running in Ve Cee canyon Thursday evening and her lab was bitten by a rattle snake. The dog went to the Vet and she is going to survive, so That is Great News.
I am concerned about LuLu so I am checking into Rattle snake classes for hunting dogs . To see if they are available in the area. She is really pretty good about staying on the trails. so I think she will be fine . But it still concerns me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I warned ya buddy.

A close friend of mine lost his Lifes Best Friend in Reno that way. It's hard but I leave my boy home from Memorial day till October. I would Never forgive myself if Bogart was ever bitten while out for a run. I've been to the snake avoidance training and have been told the best training can't protect them from a snake they suddenly surprise while running.

Keep her safe...the trails will still be there come fall.